Monday, August 31, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies - My Baking Staple


These cookies are the ones I've made for years and years. I love making them, and lots of people have complimented my recipe. Imagine my shock, when I was going through an old box of collectible Betty Crocker recipe cards, there was my prized recipe!

So, I figure my best recipe isn't really any sort of a family secret, so, it goes up here.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 cups (380g) All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Table Salt
1 cup (220g) Granulated Sugar
1 cup (180g) Brown Sugar, packed
2/3 cup (150g) Unsalted Butter
2/3 cup (125g) Veg. Shortening
2 Eggs
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 - 12 oz bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees Faranheight.
Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
*
Mix the sugar, brown sugar, butter and shortening in a bowl.
Beat in the eggs and add in the vanilla.
*
Add in the flour mixture a little at a time until its all used up, stirring well between each addition. Add in the chocolate chips and stir well.
*
Take spoonfuls of the dough, and put it about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Place two pans in the oven, for 6 minutes.
Then rotate the pans, up-and-down, and front-to-back, and bake for another 5 minutes.
*
Take the pans out of the oven and place on a cooling rack.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These really are some awesome cookies. Now, with this recipe, maybe we don't all need to steal them at first sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to? No. It's still great fun though. And deliciously rewarding!

    ReplyDelete