Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beginnings

Ok, so.

I have no idea how often I will update this, but hopefully I will have at least a weekly go at it.

I intend this to be my food blog, and my personal food interests include Asian cuisine, desserts, canning/freezing(and the gardening that goes along with it), parties, and dinners (mostly beef dishes). I'll revisit this in a year, and see how my tastes have changed.

I read, on a regular basis:
Chow Times
Lily's Wai Sek Hong
use real butter
The Kitchen Witch

Yay for food blogs.

I've recently tried this fabulous recipe for lemon ice cream from urb. It is fabulous in flavor, tho I may have used too much lemon zest, or had a mixing issue, for we ended up with "lemon zest clots" in the ice cream.

It was a wonderful finish, however to the nice pot roast kinda thing I made for dinner, however.
A real simple sorta thing, I got a butt roast, stabbed a few holes in it on the fatty layer, then poked some garlic cloves and fresh rosemary into it, then stuck in a 350 degree oven for about an hour. Made gravy off of the drippings and mashed up some potatoes. Trimmed the fatty layer off, and served, sliced thick, with gravy over everything. Mmmm.

Usually I'd avoid making such a heavy dinner in the middle of summer, but here on Lake Michigan, between Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI, its been a cool last couple of weeks. It has been a cool summer over all, and I just hope that we don't get too early of a frost, or I'm not going to get ANY tomatoes! (They even said it has been the coolest July since 1923! Wow!)

I think that's it for now. Hmm, I hope I remember that I have this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment